• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

eatin dog

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truckwilkins

45 Cal.
Reaction score
way back in the oldy days me and my grandad had been out coon hunting. we had got two one small one and one purty good size. we skint em and cleaned em and give em to granny. she had them in two roasten pans settin on the kitchen table. when the new preacher stopped in for a visit.he was a yankee from up north and his accent sounded like a dull hacksaw trying to cut thru rusty sheet metal. he kept eyeing them coons but didnt say anything. but the next mornin there was a two big bags of groceryss on the front porch. whooo that made grandaddy hot so we went down to the salvation army church/missionary and said did you leave them grocerys? why yes says he i saw you were eattin them dogs!!! your freind truckwilkins

Back when we wuzz poorer than we are now, we had no meat in the house but wild meat. The mother-in-law said she hated it, so she stopped and bought groceries before every visit.

Worked for me, and 40 years later she still thinks we eat nothing but wild. And she keeps buying groceries on her way to our door.

And BTW- I grew up with coon in all sorts of dishes, and it's been awhile since I tasted that sweet meat. Folks who aint tried it are missing out.

My father-in-law grew up in the middle of the Depression. He had nothing but beans for weeks on end. He swore , when he got out on his own, he'd never eat another single bean. He never did. He even had my mother-in-law pick the beans out of his chili.

Yeah, I've seen that. My wife's step-father got shot down behind the lines in Korea and spent a couple of weeks walking out. Nothing to eat but spoiled rice he begged now and then from farmers. Till the day he died a while back, rice never passed his lips again.

I ate dog while in Vietnam it tastes ok. But I always picked the fish eyes out of the rice. :barf: Big as quarters and they made sure you got one. Larry Wv

Not sure what it was we ate in the Phillipines. Sailors refer to it as "monkey on a stick", but it tasted more like chicken.

It was whatever you wanted it to be. You could ask "do you have pork?" and the guy would say sure - and point to one side of the tray. "Do you have chicken?" Oh yeah, he'd point to another side of the tray. "Beef?" Oh yeah sure, and he'd point to yet another place on the tray.

It all looked the same and probably was the same. It it may well have been dog or monkey. It was good though. :haha:

My brother told me about hunting rats in Vietnam, but he never would tell me if he caught one or not. :barf:

A lot of the rats were the size of groundhogs. A lot of meat on one of them. Saw a few big lizards also. Larry Wv

Back