• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Eating Crow

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehunter

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Just returned from my annual trip to my sisters land in the great state of N.C.
first three days were unseasonably warm, Not a lot of deer movement. Finally got a break from the heat but paid the price with a frog strangling rain, As I head out from camp my son, who is always picking at me about my old timey guns said "What are you gonna do when a trophy walks out and that thing wont fire?, You cant shoot those things in the rain!" :haha:
Well the grease on the barrel channel, duct tape on the muzzle and a good cows knee paid off.
Not a trophy for sure but it wont stand up in front of another rock banger in a downpour.
.50 cal. 100 Gr of Goex 3f, bear grease/beeswax lube on a pillow ticking patch.
range was 38 yards I think the roundball is still going, took out both lungs and the heart.
My son is still shaking his head and saying UNBELIEVABLE! He says crow dont taste very good! :haha:
100_1987.jpg

That's funny...glad you had a good and a safe trip.

Congratulations on the deer !
:thumbsup:

Thanks Roundball, took it on Wed. afternoon. Guess I dont have to tell you what the weather was like.
Glad to see you made out OK, Heard there was a lot of damage to the south of us.

lonehunter said:
Thanks Roundball, took it on Wed. afternoon. Guess I dont have to tell you what the weather was like.
Glad to see you made out OK, Heard there was a lot of damage to the south of us.
Yeah, definitely been the year for tornadoes...we're lucky to have dodged them all so far

Back