• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ebay auctions you guys might be interested in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advisory, but I'll pass on non-firing replicas. I'll make my own first.

That is outragous price for a non-firing 'replica'!!!
You can get actual firing Murdoch pistols from Middlesex, or Loyalist Arms.
I have a quote for $250 for a REAL repro.
The nerve of some people on E-Bay!

::
I've checked them out before. Mostly with an eye towards usable parts like stock, nose cap, buttplate, etc.
No thanks, junk (for use) through-out. Nice "decorating piece" for the un-initiated though (I guess :no:).

The auction sez, "WILL NOT FIRE AS THERE IS NO DRILLED TOUCH-HOLE FOR THE POWDER". Might be worth an e-mail to the vendor to see if that is true. This could just be a ploy to sell an almost working gun on ebay but you won't know unless you contact him.

It might be the Scottish Pistol from[url] MilitaryHeritage.com[/url]. If so, it is meant to be fired after being drilled. I would check that out- check out the site to see the normal price as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I had contacted the seller. They are the same ones offered by loyalist Arms or the Discrimnating General. They had a brown bess for $325, but someone took it using "buy it now."

Yeah, I had contacted the seller. They are the same ones offered by loyalist Arms or the Discrimnating General. They had a brown bess for $325, but someone took it using "buy it now."

Now, if they are LA or DG bess'es, THAT would be a quite the deal!!
loyalist Arms sells their guns with the touch hole drilled, they just ship the lock in a seperate box.
Discriminating General is the one that has to be drilled.
Be careful of some of these E-Bay sales, some guns don't have the bore drilled all the way down, and hence have no way to be made firable. Wall hangings.

Not long ago there were a bunch of replica arms of all types being made with pewter or tin/zinc alloy barrels. You would not want to load one of these. I don't believe the locks were capable of a spark, anyway.

Probably the ones I was refering to. The "Bess'" had a barrel band and it hid the break where they are shipped in 2 sections. Just slip them together and hang on the wall. First section of barrel was drilled, back section was like a plug and the band hid the break in the stock as well.
They were selling for around $100, I thought "stock material".
Example;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1552&item=2255292882&rd=1
Looked like it had "potential"? I though "possibly". :shake:

Back