• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

EcoTungsten/Niceshot announces 10% price reduction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundball

Cannon
Reaction score
A step in the right direction...

FROM ECOTUNGSTEN:
"...This season, we are pleased to offer you a lower price of $154.99 for 6 pounds of Nice Shot, which translates into $56.82 per kilo. On top of that, we throw in flat rate shipping of $8.00 for any size order in the US..."

At a $1.61 per oz. of shot, that doesn't sound like much of a bargain, IMHO. Its not your fault, but the company's. :hmm: Its a lot better than having to pay $3.22 per oz of course.

If you can only hunt Waterfowl Once or twice in a season, and the daily bag limit remains one or two birds, I guess a 6 lb. container of this kind of shot will last a long time. Cponsidering all the other costs of making a trip to where you can actually hunt waterfowl, this is the least of your costs concerns.

I had looked at that shot because of the good reviews given by folks, and the price was well, yes a hair cheaper than hevi-Shot and even now with the price drop it is still expensive. wish it would come down more, but ITX is still 129.00 for a 7 pound bag.

The way I see it, an average hunt is 3 or 4 shots and a great day is 6 to 10. I know guys who spend more than that per day on beer, netflicks or cigarettes.

For me $5-$10 is a small price to pay for a great day in the field. Wish I could "buy" more days hunting like that each year.

Thanks Cap.

I just WISH I could go through 6 or 7 pounds in a year. I spend more than that on gas driving to and from my hunts.

Absolutely...yes, on its face its expensive, but because its literally a direct substitute for lead shot, equivalent lead shot can be used for all load development, then just shoot a couple test shots of Niceshot for verification.

I'm no purist but I do a few of the old time basics and the main benefit I saw in Niceshot was it requires no protective shot cup so I can load it barebore like they did back in the day...and I can also tweak / tune a load without being limited to the amount of shot that a shotcup would hold.

As an added surprise, #6 Niceshot actually throws a tighter more dense pattern out of my Full Jug Choke onto a turkey head target at 40 yards than normal hard magnum #6's do...so this spring I'm going to use it for Turkey hunting as well...if I luck out and fill both tags it would only be 2 shots.

Back