• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Electric Black Powder Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Grief! You may have spawned another batch of in-lines.The ones on the market now have stimulated much contraversy. Even if in-lines don't appeal to me as a weapon that I'd use,I'm always interested in new ideas and methods.Nice work! Have You given thought to useing high temp.silicon rubber material as the seal material,might not gall out so fast.What was the material used on the Mazda Wankel rotary engine to seal the rotateing combvustion chambers?.If it held fairley well under the heat and preasure of gasoline detonating it should hold against small amounts of black powder! Just a wild thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif :(

I'll have to get one to go along with my boomerang arrow, hydraulic fork and my toothless comb.

It would have been a tad easier to devise a way to catch the brass if that was such a problem. Do the CB caps even cycle the action on a 10-22? I use them in my Rossi pump for quiet sniping. One of the RWS pellet rifles at 1,100 fps would work pretty well, too.

To each his own.

My uncle had a carbide cannon he set off with an ancient car magneto and a spark plug.

Here you go - just add powder. A piezo electric pistol-grip igniter (may need to wrap the barrel in duct tape).
150560000.jpg

"Requiring no batteries or fuel refills it eliminates the difficulties of striking flint."

Oh oh. We rock-lockers could be extinct soon. ::

Alessandro Volta invented battery in around 1800 (Volts were named after him). Of interest is that Napoleon nearly electrocuted himself when he visited Volta's laboratory. His original battery was made from a pile of alternating copper and zinc disks, separated by a brine-soaked paper (called a Voltaic pile). It would be possible to put a stack of these early 19th century batteries in a long hole running through the stock and use this for the ignition energy. However, I decided to go the lazy (and truly non-traditional) route by using a modern 'C' cell.

W.W. Greener in his book "the Gun and its Development" talks about a muzzleloader made in Prague for a French baron round about 1860. I guess fouling may have made the ignition undependable. The basic idea is great, no need to prime or cap before firing.
Bilde%2030.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A great book, 804 pages of facinating insight into gunmaking, history and technical issues. It is a classic that every lover of firearms should have on his bookshelf.

Latest posts

Back