• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Elk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidelock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Elk and deer opens tomarrow in my area. Yesterday a nice legal bull walked within 50 yds.of my front door. Day before about 75 came through with a very nice 6 point and some other bulls. I have had many opportunities to take legal game from my doors------ but that ain't huntin and I don't do it. My home is for sale, want to move in?

Same here on deer, I could fill the freezer from my back deck but have never killed a deer on my place. I own 4 acres of woods around my house, rural, and safe to shoot but I prefer to hunt for them.

That said, if I ever have a year where I don't kill a deer on the land I hunt or can't pick one from my deer hunting friends I may pop one out the back door. I wouldn't call it hunting, just grocery shopping.

With a 3 deer a day limit in Alabama I can put in an order with my serious deer hunting friends and usually have a dead deer in my driveway within a day or so.

The little rascals ate my garden to the ground this year for the first time so a little herd thinning is in order but I just can't get into shooting out the back door mode.

They eat my wife's flowers. I live in a subdivision and we're overrun with deer, fox and coons. We can't shoot here so I just watch these huge bucks wander right up to the house. We got 'em everywhere and they're marvelous to simply watch.

Eric Krewson said:
Same here on deer, I could fill the freezer from my back deck but have never killed a deer on my place. I own 4 acres of woods around my house, rural, and safe to shoot but I prefer to hunt for them.

That said, if I ever have a year where I don't kill a deer on the land I hunt or can't pick one from my deer hunting friends I may pop one out the back door. I wouldn't call it hunting, just grocery shopping.

With a 3 deer a day limit in Alabama I can put in an order with my serious deer hunting friends and usually have a dead deer in my driveway within a day or so.

The little rascals ate my garden to the ground this year for the first time so a little herd thinning is in order but I just can't get into shooting out the back door mode.

same here, killed one little buck and there was no joy in it. i don't even waste my money planting a garden anymore other than a handful of beans or peas for the grandkids to watch grow.

creek

All I get from my backyard are some cottontails...the deer, coyotes, fox and feral cats are "safe".

I'm in competition for the rabbits w/ the latter 3 animals and as long as I get more than they do, they're nice to have around.....Fred

Back