• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Enfiled mold question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk434

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Okay, I'm looking for a mold for my 3 band Enfield and what I want to know is what is the best diameter to get. I don't know if I should get a .577, .58 or a .575 mold. Which one is best in your opinions??

Personally I'd go for the .58 so you can size it down to .001" under bore size. Mine come out slightly small so I have to give them a squeeze lengthwise before I can size them. A shallow base cavity is less likely to grow vacuum bubbles :thumbsup:

I agree with Robin, get a .58 and size it down if it is too large. Accuracy with mini

mk434,
It always depends. In P-H replica production P.58 I have been using .577 molds. When it comes to P.53 originals I have for some Tower-productions used .577 and some has demanded .58-molds. A LAC P.53 takes .577 but a Adams-produced volunteer P.60 needs a .58-mold.
So if you dont have opportunity to measure or test go for a .58-mold as Robin and Viking suggest.
ARILAR :: :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back