• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

English squirrel hunt.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What was, I was hoping for, was a pheasant but the day turned into a Squirrel hunt instead.
We have a low sat on us today with strong winds and rain.
I chose my only cap lock, the .45".
Using 5/8oz of #7 shot I had a swell time.
However, I was nursing a stomach bug,a swollen right heel and bad psoriasis!
I wanted to go home bath the dog, light the stoves and go to sleep but managed to make good a few hours in the woods with a small smoke pole.
Check the photos.

IMG_20171021_100630018.jpg

IMG_20171021_101541984.jpg

IMG_20171021_135740766.jpg

IMG_20171021_140044582.jpg

Squirrel meat stored, dog washed, gun cleaned, fires lit, now, where is that brandy......

B.

Well done Brit, congratulations! Jess seems to favor squirrels over birds. The squirrels look to have eaten well, they are fat. What do they feed on over there? robin :bow: :bow:

Looks like a fine hunt was had! As to the enormous photos, I right clicked on the images and chose "open image in new window" and they show up appropriately sized to fit my screen.

I've got plenty of good squirrel recipes, but nothing for crow (raven?) or jays (or whatever the blue/grey bird is). Do you eat those or just shoot them as pests? In my experience, "eating crow" is best avoided if at all possible. :haha:

What kind of jay bird is that?

Was the low from hurricane Ophelia? I saw that it was supposed to hit Ireland and Scotland but I thought England was not in the path.

Well dang if that doesn't work! Learn something new every day! :wink:

Good job Brit....you are going to have one hellofa end of season "all critter' BBQ or stew! :shocked2: :rotf:

nice shooting. not to hijack this topic. but I was under the impression that it was impossible or nearly so to own a fire arm in England.

Back