• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Engraving book to be published.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the distinct honour to announce a comprehensive How-To book on Engraving by John Schippers to be published by the NMLRA. It will be out this Christmas so keep an eye out in the Muzzle Blasts and online.
One book will be a spiral bound book for ease of use while working and a Limited edition hardbound for you collectors. Do not know the price as of yet but will be worth every penny. It will be over 400+ pages, fully illustrated with many dozens of pictures with many fine examples of Mr. Schippers work.
I had the distinct priviledge of reading it before the final draft went to the publisher and OOOO BABY this will be one sweet book. :bow:
I am also doing this because those who know Mr. Schippers also know he does not toot his own horn, letting his work speak for him so I figured to toot it a bit for him!!
For those who do NOT know him he engraved the Scales Brothers pistols on the Muzzle Blasts cover a few months ago. He also comes to Friendship where he is usually found at the Gun repair building and has done so for decades.

So keep an eye out for the release date cause I am putting my order in for my Christmas present!!! :thumbsup:

Cheers, DonK

That's great news. I've known John for 20+ years and he is a great guy and has helped mealong the years.
Even though he and I use totally different engraving techniques his book will be a must buy for me just for the engraving patterns alone. :thumbsup:

Have no idea what the title is. He just got word of it last Friday so early in that stage. I will update as I find out more info.

Yes I do agree that he is a great guy. I am lucky to be getting the chance to learn from him the art of repair, building and engraving rifles/pistols. It is also a blast just watching him work. A real craftsman.

Cheers, DonK

Friendship, Indiana, home of the National Muzzleloading Rifle Association. If you're not a member, please join.
Some one who has been there can better tell you about it.

Go to the NMLRA website. Pictures, maps, dates, and lots more information. If you shoot black powder this is as close to Heaven on earth for you.

Back