• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Enviorment Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
Do you think that using a patched round ball while hunting constitutes littering?

If the used patch is not recovered, this would be littering, right?

I found used patches in my old shooting area (from me 3 years ago) I haven't been there since 1990, the pillow ticking patch was still holding up to the elements.

I know they were mine because of the diameter of the patch, .75 caliber uses a large patch.

I am not trying to nit-pick, but just make a mild observation, this is not ment to be a debate in outdoor ethics...

I seen on the Discovery Channel that they are still finding brass and canvas cloth at Little Big Horn, and that was 127 years ago.

Like the modern hunters who leave their mark in the woods via plastic shotgun wads, cases and brass cartridges, we leave cloth (and sabots) and spent caps too.

Not to mention a boat load of lead!
grin.gif

I guess it would be litterin however the deer mice and red squirrels haul most of mine away to use as nestin material at least they aint plastic
right
weasel

How much does the cloud of smoke from BP affect the enviroment? Or the smoke from my truck driving to the hunting site? I think we could find enviroment effects in almost everything we do. Just try to do as little dammage as possible. Use 777 powder, doesn't smoke near as much as BP.
wink.gif
grin.gif

I've foun' a great many Injun rocks over the course of my life jus' litterin' the groun', 'n' I never complained. I hear that some folks have found pots and broken pottery laying about litterin' up caves 'n' such and I never complained. If someone was to find one o' my rifle or fusil balls lying about in a hundert years or so lying about I doubt they would pi$$ on my grave.

Back