• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Euroarms .36 Kentuckian value?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman10

32 Cal.
Reaction score
what would be the value of a Euroarms kentuckian .36 cal rifle with a good bore and about 90% conditons? is it a good rifle?

011.jpg
[/img]

013.jpg
[/img]

016.jpg
[/img]

018.jpg
[/img]

I just did some online searching and I can not find this rifle in anything other than .44
The 44 versions are selling between 150-500$ depending on condition.

Maybe someone who actually knows will pipe in.

I got one, that was a flinter but,converted to percussion in 45 cal.
It was given to me many years ago. some sweet to carry and shoot.
Notice that it is not a Kentucky but a kentucKIAN.
Mine is quite abit different,might be cause it was converted.
Just so I can still be on this site,,it was converted after the flintlock was lost in a pack up move and another couldnt be had,,the rifle I have is atleast 30 yrs old.and the man that gave it to me had it before that.

The Kentuckian I owned was a .44 caliber flintlock but beyond that it was identical to the one in the photos. I bought it in 1971.

It was my first flintlock rifle and although I didn't know a whole lot about flintlocks I never had a problem with it.

Based on my experience with it, they are well built and accurate rifles. Perhaps not up to the quality of the rifles made today by the better Italian companies but still well made.

Maybe its just a personal thing with me but I consider them to be much better than any of the CVA rifles except for the Mountain Rifle and as good if not better than any of Traditions current offerings.

I think the only problem with owning one now is the lack of parts that are available for them.

On the other hand, if nothing breaks they should be good for years.

For a Kentuckian in the condition of the gun in the photos, if the barrels bore is in good condition I would place the bottom value at $300.

I try to be fair to whoever is buying my guns so my initial offering price would be $375.

Back