• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fall blackpowder turkey hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Spent over an hour with the turkeys less than 50 yards, finally was able to get within range and end the outstanding morning afield.

Good luck if you get out
Wess

WessFallTurk5.JPG

WessFallTurk4.JPG

wessFallTurk3.JPG

wessFallTurk2.JPG

WessFallTurk.JPG

WessFallTrapper.JPG

Congratulations...some pretty woods there too !!
:thumbsup:

We don't have a fall season here...ours is an April/May spring season...actually glad as it breaks up the year...the fall is already loaded with all the other seasons and I can't do enough of that as it is !
:wink:

I just love the fall season.Don't seem right to be in the spring woods with a shotgun instead of a fishing pole. I just wish that I could take my .32 after turkey sometime. I got a hen this fall with my CVA trapper.

Congratulations! I love turkey hunting in the spring, and there is talk of a fall season here in Ontario within the next year or two. I will be looking forward to trying the fall hunt.

Hello from Germany!

Nice pics and nice turkey. Congrats and Waidmanns Heil!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Congrats! Nice job and nice photos, whats your trick to get the turkeys to come in? What kind of double is that?

Your all set for Thanksgiving!

Billy

Grats on the bird!!! The only fall turks I've killed just happened to get to close while I was bow hunting deer. I Don't own a smoothy (yet) but it would be just awesome if OH DNR would let me hunt them with my flinter. I still have no idea why it's illeagal

Josh

Thanks guys.

In the fall I walk around slowly until I hear them Putting at me. I can call with my mouth, so I always have the call ready. :wink: I simply stop and start putting back at them, match their calls. Then, assess the situation: where they are, lay of the land etc...and depending upon that I take my time moving close enough until I can smoke em. It works for me and is a HOOT! You just can't move too fast or they'll flush instead of putting at you. Some guys bust them up and call them back. I like to bust them with the double 12 going off.

The 12 ga is a cva double...a buddy of mine gave it to me 3 years ago and I have since been lucky enough to kill 4 gobblers, this hen, rabbits, quail and few other varmits. I sho' do love it.

Good luck
Wess

Back