• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fall day rooster.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks, I got out for a full day on the hunt for pheasant and it took all day too!
Me and the dog opened the day with a squirrel or two.
Here is Jess getting stuck in.

While resting up a little in some shade a crow swooped in on the drilled field to bath in a water filled tractor wheel trough just outside the tree line!

It was on my way back when I bumped into a group of pheasants and was I glad, I had just missed a bird the dog lifted with a rushed shot!
Any way i dropped the cock and got a whoosh from the pan, a pause, then boom! I had a little hang fire! Fortunately I hung on and followed through!

Of course loaded wrong! Wad on top of the shot :hatsoff:

B.

Britsmoothy said:
........Of course loaded wrong! Wad on top of the shot :hatsoff:

B.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! We've all been there. Looks like you and your pal there had a great day out with the smoke pole.

MichaelCfffg said:
Britsmoothy said:
........Of course loaded wrong! Wad on top of the shot :hatsoff:

B.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! We've all been there. Looks like you and your pal there had a great day out with the smoke pole.
Can you clarify what you mean?
I don't profess to be good however what has lucky got to do with it?

B.

Do not know about others eating crows,,,,, but I have had to eat a lot of crow in my days.

Back