• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Federal Duck Stamp Help Needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a resource online where you can purchase a federal duck stamp and hunt with the receipt until the stamp arrives? I'm in a bit of a pinch for this week and just learned that only some post offices now carry the stamp :cursing: . Why, I don't know but I'm not going to make it to the hub office before they close today. Thanks much.

I'm going to say no. I haven't hunted waterfowl in a while, but if I remember correctly, the stamp must be affixed to your license and signed across its face. At least in NY. Hard to do when you don't have it in your possession, and I don't think a receipt is going to cut it.

Silly Goose is correct. You could check on line to see if there is a collector in your area. They buy them and they dont sign them. Had many friends that did this back in Pa. Other than that you are out of luck. Sure dont want to pay a fine.

I'm not in your state so I don't know how the hunting license system works, but I would try to find anyone locally that sell hunting licenses and try them. Here, they usually have the federal stamps and will sometimes charge a little extra, but then you can hunt. Other wise, as the other folks said, you have to have a signed current stamp to hunt waterfowl. I guess some of the post offfices hadn't sold many stamps in x# of years and decided to stop carrying them. Good luck with both your hunt for the stamp and the ducks (geese?).

Around here you can get them at alot of the same places where you can buy your regular hunting and fishing licenses. I live in a pretty big waterfowl hunting area and alot of the local sporting license agents keep a few of the stamps on hand as a convenience for their customers. I always buy mine from the local hardware store when I get my small game license.

Ya beat me to the punch Clovis :grin: I guess I shouldn`t have got up for a minute when I was typing this. :grin: :grin:

In FL (maybe it's Ga, but in any case there's several states signed onto the system) there is a system where you can buy the stamp online and they e mail you a printable receipt that is supposed to be good for 30 or 45 days.

It (the receipt) may only be good in that state but it's worth looking at. Your state may actually be part of that system.

Alright, I may have been wrong...ok, I likely am wrong, probably...I checked the hunting regulations in Maryland and they allow online purchases of federal duck stamps and use of the reciept for 45 days after purchase while you wait for your stamp. Unless I'm wrong again (or still).
Anyway check with your state and see if you have that option...they may or may not. Try www.duckstamp.com
they may be able to help with the regs in your state as well.
Sorry, hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back