• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FFFG Powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgeNK

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Trying to find a retailer to buy small quanity of FFFg Black Powder to shoot a pistol , I live in Southwest Mississippi 100 miles South of Jackson,MS.

I know this may sound sacreligious, but can you find Pyrodex P closer to home? :peace:

Trying to find a retailer to buy small quanity of FFFg Black Powder to shoot a pistol , I live in Southwest Mississippi 100 miles South of Jackson,MS.

Graf & Sons carries Goex, sells loose cans...they're close over in Missouri

Does any one know if you can pick up directly from Goex?
They are not located very far away from me, probably closer that any suppler is.

Hairsmith
Keep yer powder dry

They are not located very far away from me, probably closer that any suppler is.

Hairsmith
Keep yer powder dry

You have to call that location and see...my guess is no...if it's strictly a manufacturing plant without a storefront operation, the entire manufacturing process is probably 100% geared towards a precise, safe, controlled handling process with minimal human involvement...and Goex distributors themselves only sell case minimums...doubt a plant would sell loose cans anyway even if they did sell it directly to consumers.

I live pretty close to the Goex Plant--and NO you cannot buy it there. But, the Bass Pro Shop in nearby Shreveport/Bossier sells it by the can.....

Hairsmith
Keep yer powder dry

Thanks Fellers....:master:
I was hoping to save some $ by getting a keg and shipping $ by picking it up with all the haz-mat fees.......
25lb is not to much to have on hand.

Hairsmith
Keep yer powder dry

If you pick that much up at once you also are REQUIRED by the federal regs to have a haz-mat driver lic.

Woody

Thanks Fellers....:master:
I was hoping to save some $ by getting a keg and shipping $ by picking it up with all the haz-mat fees.......
25lb is not to much to have on hand.

Hairsmith
Keep yer powder dry

FWIW, I get cases of Goex delivered to my front door for $9/Lb...J&JPyrotechnics in Moscow, PA...and they'll mix granulations...ie: a couple cans 4F, cans of 3F, cans of 2F, etc

UPS routinely delivers haz-materials. They are one of the largest deliverers of haz-mat's in the country. If they carry under a certain amount they are not required to have a placard on their vehicles.

Latest posts

Back