• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finally jumping in

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steved

40 Cal.
Reaction score
After being informed and amused for the last month or so by the members of this forum I am finally jumping in. As my display name indicates, I live in the gun-friendly :curse: state of New Jersey, north Jersey actually. Grew up in PA so I developed a love for flintlocks in my teen years, a result of not being successful during rifle season and borrowing a friend's flinter to extend the season. Got one whiff of bp smoke and been hooked ever since. I shoot a T/C Hawken .50 cal that I picked up new in High School. I'm currently building a Lancaster style longrifle from components - been a 4 year project cuase I've got two young kids that demand a lot of time. I've picked up great advice off the Builder's Bench. Also have a Pedersoli double 12; used it in the field for the first time this past fall/winter. I spend a lot of time at the range trying to convert the 10+ thousand in-line shooters here in Joisey to flint, or at least percussion. Not much luck so far, but at least they're loading from the front and burning black powder (or pyrodex). NMLRA member as well. Starting to dabble in living history. So, enough about me. Glad to be on board.

Welcome to the fire. I wish all of the other people who read the information on this forum would join up too.

As for your family, I'm sure the other members will agree that you should enjoy all of them as much as you can, while you can.
Time will fly faster than you can imagine! Why, in no time at all the kids will be convinced that you aren't smart enough to use toilet paper let alone tell them how to think and behave.

Enough ranting! Glad to have you here.

Back