• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished my Shootin' Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smo

70 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
bagphoto.jpg

Well it took me over a year and only one DNA sample :doh: ,but i got er done. Sort of my take on the North Hampton bag out of Mr. Alberts great book.My wife talked me out of the circles & heart on the flap..... she said the red didn't match my shoes :idunno: I still haven't made up my mind about putting on the knife sheath and powder horn straps on the main strap or not. This was my first bag with a gusset & welts.The main body came out a little twisted :idunno: But so am I :rotf: I hope it'll straighten out when I use her awhile. Comments good or bad are welcomed,i've got a pretty thick hide :wink: Thanks for looking.

Smo you thick hided devil you :thumbsup: Ya did big. Wish I could work leather but I always make a horses %^# out of it. I like it :hatsoff:

A Hudson Bay trinket from TOTW. I may change that out for a piece of rattle snake skin I have left over from a hat band. Which reminds me the hat band is another one of the many projects I've got started and not finished. This working stuff sure puts a damper on what I need to be doing. Anyway Thanks for all the comments

Really nice job and the color is great. I like it a lot.

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

I like it, great job...makes me feel good to know I'm not the only one with "lingering" projects

That's a fine looking "first" bag... ya should be proud smo ! I just ordered Mr. Albert's book, hoping to tackle my first leather bag this year.. maybe hehe. What weight leather did you use ?

I think you did really good work and it sure looks fine to me. Heck, I don't even know what a welt or a gusset is, much less how to do them. :hatsoff:

The leather is 4-5 oz leather. This wasn't my first bag it's my 3rd,it's the first with a gusset & welts. You won't be disapointed with Mr. Alberts book it's well worth the money. Thanks again everyone for the kind words. I'm working on a quicky bag for my wife now. She took over ownership of a nice little .36 cal underhammer I came across last year.So I figure she needs a bag to go with it. I've got this week to get er' done before all H#77 breaks loose at work,its back to 84 to 100 hrs a week for about 8 to 10 weeks. :youcrazy: :doh: Looks like my deer season will be in Al. this year instead of Tn. :idunno: If I have enough energy left to hunt. :surrender:

Back