• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first 2 squirrels for the 32 flinter!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorAaron

40 Cal.
Reaction score
i had a terrible hunt with silent sniper as he told the story so this week end i got out the 32 and decided to try until i fail. first morning i went out and there was a fox squirrewl at 20 yards and i shot and missed them cleaned reloaded and tryed for the secound shot and whack the squirrel fell like a rock with a head shot. (hunting with flintlocks is super challenging but also a blast. then later that day i was walking through the woods and i heard a noise and i look up to see a big ground hog at 15 yards and i clocked it in the heart....then today i saw squirrel jumping from tree to mtree and loaded up and went after it. well after 5 shots i was getting sick of missing but my 6th shot was a lung shot at 25 yards. so far i think i havr missed around 6 squirrels but its still a blast
323.jpg
322.jpg
321.jpg

hay thomp shooter, thats the way keep, trying. :thumbsup: Your skill will grow if you stay with it. One of the reasons I like hunten squirrils is you get plenty of chances. Teton Ted

:applause: :applause: :grin: Way to go!

Great story, please keep 'em coming.

:hatsoff:
Spot

Well I haven't even shot my new squirrel rifle yet.Need to get that done so I can get out there and harass the rats.Thanks for posting your success. :thumbsup:

I suppose my .50 will blow a squirrel into next week? They got little heads to always hit it.

Oh, and nice shot on yer squirrels.

i used to use my 50 cal new englander with 50 grains of ffg with a .490 round ball and it really didnt tear them up to much...super over kill though.

:thumbsup: :surrender: Ya sure he didn't surrender on the 6th shot?LOL there musta been a lot a smoke in them there woods.Way to go.Griz

Back