• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First blackpowder turkey

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbutch

58 Cal.
Reaction score
The turkey God's were good to me.
date 4-15-09 hunting central Wi. public land
first 6 hours nearest Gobble 3/4 mile away,no hens started to bum-out.Broke for lunch,went 1/2 mile west also public land went in wide and deep,now what? 1:30 in afternoon, windy sunny, called as loud as I could, 20 minutes latter thought I heard a faint gobble"Naw" just my ears playing tricks, called loud again this time he sounded closer, 45 minutes latter he came up over a small Oak ridge, full strut and fanned out, he looked like a black bear coming through the woods, 125 yards ,100yards 50 ,40 ,35 I couldn't take it anymore 33 paces,Big White cloud he's down! I though I was going to jump out of my skin. What a blast!!!!!!!!!! Why did I wait so long to hunt with Black powder?............ pattern and load on #6 heay-shot post
IMG_0194_1.jpg

A more true hunting adventure cannot be found!! Congratulations :thumbsup: !!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back