• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First deer with a ML

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattyB

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I took my first muzzleloader deer yesterday with my HF 1803 flintlock. I made the shot head-on at maybe 20-30yds. The big .54 ball went in the chest and out the ribcage. Heart and lungs were destroyed. I didn't get a picture because 1-It's a small doe and 2-It was warm out and getting dark, I didn't have time to fool around with the camera.

Great job! I wish you many more memorable hunts with the muzzleloader.
Idaho PRB

I remember my first deer with BP and I remember my first with my HF1803. It seems just as clear as my other first, and it was a doe also.

Thanks. I have hunted deer for only a couple of years now, and since my wife bought me the rifle and I like shooting it so much, I thought I would give it a try. After the smoke cleared and I realized I hit it, I became hooked.

I don't care one way or the other about antler trophies, I do it because it one of the three things men were born to do, hunt, and they taste good.

Back