• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Fintlock Turkey!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've killed 12-15 turkeys I'd guess with my caplock double, but this is my first with the Fowler!!
Going to try the Trade Gun tomorrow!!!
He weighed 23lb 10oz.
Double bearder, 12" and 9.5". Spurs are 1 1/2" and 1 7/16"!!
Shot in the face at 12 steps. 60 gr of 2F under 70 gr by vol of #5's. He didn't even flop!!

Congrats on the nice bird made even more special by being the first with a flinter

Thanks y'all!! Looks like I should have gotten a certified weight on him. He would have likely been the NWTF Mo. State Record, and #2 in the world taken with a muzzleloader!!

Oh well, he'll eat good!!!

Congratulations! What an outstanding tom - a trophy with any weapon, but an especially wonderful accomplishment with yer flinter!! :hatsoff:

Beautiful bird brad!..That's awesome..
12 steps with a flinter...You are living right!
Don't diminish your accomplishment with records..
Savor the hunt and enjoy the memories for when the time comes when hunting is not an option in life.
"Atta-Boy" Brad!!!!

p.s I double dog dare ya to top that hunt!

I'd never enter an animal in a record book to see my name in lights. I do it to preserve and honor that animal. My other hobby is being an Official Measurer of North American Big Game for several Records keeping Organizations!
So in my opinion, nothing is diminished!!

And I'll take that dare!! The Trade Gun goes next spring!!!

Back