• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First muzzleloader animal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highPlains

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Long time lurker here, first time poster.

I owe everything I know about muzzleloaders to this forum. A traditional bowhunter at heart, my love for the history of fur-trade got the best of me, and I had to get a muzzleloader (much due to this forum as well). I wanted a flintlock but figured I should start here. Someday...

.50 cal, patched round ball. 30 yard shot, went down within 30 yards. My brother video-taped the hunt. I will upload it to YouTube this week sometime and post here.

I love all your pictures so much I wanted to share my own for once. Thanks to you all.

TCmldoe.jpg

Grats highPlains! :hatsoff:
Nice doe, great pic. Looking forward to the video.

Hello from Germany!

A great start both in hunting and on the forum.Nice doe. Congrats and Waidmanns Heil!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Way to go Highplains!
Great first post too!This forum is a great place to fuel an addiction to BP!Hopefully you'll post many more pictures of future kills with a muzzleloader!Welcome to the forum... :v

Great picture!
Looks like a nice sized doe!

congrats on your hunt, now quit lurking and join in the party!

Congratulations!

Glad you came out of the shadows. Hope we hear a lot more from you in the future.

I can't wait to see the video of your hunt.

:hatsoff:

HD

Congratulations! You'll find many other traditional archers here who also enjoy traditional muzzleloaders including the legendary Ron Laclair :bow:.

Back