• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first roundball deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got my first deer with a roundball.used 80 grains of 3f wonderwad 10 thousands patch and 490 roundball at 70 yards,and he went another 70 before he fell.got a complete pass thru broke a rib in ,double lunged it.
1120090758a.jpg

packer75 said:
got my first deer with a roundball.used 80 grains of 3f wonderwad 10 thousands patch and 490 roundball at 70 yards,and he went another 70 before he fell.got a complete pass thru broke a rib in ,double lunged it. http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab235/packer75/1120090758a.jpg

Traditional all the way...looks like he was a 10 pointer...good buck and congratulations!
:thumbsup:

PS:
Next time if you'll use the selection at photobucket that has the IMG flags at each end, the photo will appear right here in your post.

Maybe 'Stumpkiller' will see this and add them for you with his Moderator rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice buck!!! I went hunting this morning too and the deer were moving well. I wasn't hunting with a muzzleloader though. I was thinking about using the smoke pole but I just bought a new scope for my slug gun so I figured I ought to use it. I will use the smoke pole 2nd season though.

Well done! A big Waidmanns Heil from over the big pond (Germany). :thumbsup:

Nice rifle, too!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Nice buck :thumbsup:
Where is Vergennes Il? I used to live in central Il and never heard of it.

you give us Illinois people something to be proud and people like me who have yet to harvest with a roundball hope. I have a nice load of 70grains of 3f goex and a prb in 54 cal worked up. It shoots tight. I am looking forward to second season to use my muzzleloader tags. I tagged out opening day one on public ground(slug only) and one on private ground I wanted to hold out for a buck but shot a huge old doe who aged out at over 6 years old her teeth were almost flat.

Latest posts

Back