• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First & Second Horn Attempts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadrat79

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my first and second attempts at making some powder horns. The first one I made for my brother in-law and the second for my father. let me know what you all think. Any sugestions for future ones are most welcome, especially from those of you who are old pro's at this.
DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg
[/img]
Thanks for lookin
RoadRat :v

Shoot road dog they look good to me! I'd mebbe wipe some brownish stain on the red paint to distress it some but thats just me talkin'!Good Job! :thumbsup:

:hatsoff: I like that scrimshaw on the second one R/R , would that be a family crest?
Soggy

RoadRat,
Fine work! :applause: I really like the
bottom one. :thumbsup:
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Thanks Guys I appreciate the compliments. Yes they are my own design, and the bottom one is a copy of our family crest with some samll artistic liberties taken. I have two more horns left. probably one more powder and I might try my hand at a drinking or bugling horn, havnt decided yet.

Thanks again, :v
RoadRat

Back