• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First Shot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed Trap

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Got my new GPR last week and went out on 7/4/09 for fun in the sun and a little shooting. Went down to the hay fields and poured 60g of powder and was stuffing a ball down the barrel when this pigeon flew in and landed about 40 yards out in the field. Thought to myself, might as well, first shot with the .54. Feathers went everywhere and here is the end result.

Piegonwith54.jpg

Good shooting. Need a recipe?

Thought to myself, might as well . . .

I've got no love for pigeons and Lord knows my gardens are "The Killing Fields" for many critters but think on setting out some inanimate targets sometime if it comes down to that "whatever" decision before taking a life.

Just a suggestion. :wink:

Oh, he got 'et.....Fed him to the barn cat. Cats been out there trying to catch them in the fields, but they have not had any luck.

Its a precussion rifle

reminds me of the first round I fired from my Enfield .303 Brit (about 10 yrs ago). Was a dove sitting on a power line. Never found anything of that guy but feathers. I did feel a bit bad, I was going for the head-shot and planned to roast him over our campfire.

bdhutier said:
reminds me of the first round I fired from my Enfield .303 Brit (about 10 yrs ago). Was a dove sitting on a power line. Never found anything of that guy but feathers. I did feel a bit bad, I was going for the head-shot and planned to roast him over our campfire.

I hope you'd have felt worse if you'd ruined the meat in your neighbor's freezers all down the road from the power loss or possibly killed a lineman trying to repair a damaged power-line. Shooting in the air . . . at a powerline . . . and telling 10,000 people on the Internet?

C'mon. You know better. :nono:

Stumpkiller said:
C'mon. You know better. :nono:

Yeah, we weren't the smartest back then. 18 or so, spoiled, and no real thought to (or understanding of) truly adult responsibility.

I know better now!! :redface:

Latest posts

Back