• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First smoke pole success

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mancill

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Took my lyman 54 cal to some deep woods I used to hunt as a kid. Apparently no one hunts it since the squirrels were following me and one allowed me to walk within feet. I found a soft spot in some pine needles and had a seat. After sitting for just 5 minutes she ran right at me. She stopped at about 50 yards or so when I raised my gun. A shot through the chest and she staggered a few steps and died before she hit the ground. Her belly is viable to a keen eye in this pic.

I forgot to add that while reloading another doe ran past me close enough to club her. :grin:
Here is some hog sign.

Britsmoothy said:
Easy peasy :hatsoff:

I wish it was all that simple, good shooting sir! that will be some tender eating, Venison stew with taters, carrots, and some onions with a nice gravy to sop up with bread or some cat head biscuits! yum, yum!.

Spikebuck said:
Well that was a short hunt! Congratulations!!! Great shot. :hatsoff:
Thanks but that doesn't count the 3 days prior in the woods and seeing nothing.

Back