• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first time whitneyville

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
took my Uberti whitneyville dragoon to range for a "getting to know you" first shoot.
20 yards, 24 grains, .457 ball. it shot higher than I expected. had trouble getting the wedge back in and nicked the bluing around the wedge slot. (had a stuck ball)
probably needs tuning but most gunsmithing tasks are beyond my pay grade.
IMG_0051.jpg

Half the fun is getting these things to shoot. Enjoy that Dragoon. I have a Walker and it’s a HOOT! If you decide to get her slicked up, I know someone on this very site who has worked his magic on three of mine and I couldn’t be happier.

this is also my first time using ballistol. I've cleaned the cylinder, nipples and barrel assembly using boiling water/ballistol. used a q-tip to work on nooks and crannies in the frame. does ballistol protect the metal from the hygroscopic properties of bp residue?
thcx
lp

I’ve been using moose milk recently. 1:7 ballistol water iirc. Q tips work great. I believe you have a good setup. With moose milk I have zero issues with rust.

Last edited:
Back