• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

First trip to the range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billhuntz

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I took the Haines rifle I built from a Tip Curtis kit to the range today for the first time.

At lunch today I went to the range just to see how much tinkering I was going to need to do.

I started at 50 yards cause I knew I wasn't serious just messing around, put 70 grains of FFG in with a .490 ball and 3 grains prime. First shot hit at 6:00 at the bottom of the 8 inch circle. Second shot 1.5 inches off the X at 6:00, third shot cut the hole from the second shot. My fourth shot was outside the circle low at 5:00.

MAN, I can't wait till I get to really sight this thing in!!!!!!!!!!!

It's always the best part of muzzleloading, getting to break in a new rifle or pistol. It's even better when they perform better then you expect them to when you first get them, and try them out.

Have fun at the range. :thumbsup:

Nice work Bill! It's a great feeling when everything works - congrats! :hatsoff:

Back