• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first whitetail

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigry

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I got my first whitetail the other day with my bedford that I built last winter. My dad brother son and myself went on this hunt at the beginning of december. We had chased a couple bucks for 2 1/2 days and could never close the gap. The closest we could ever get was around 200 yards. Hunting wide open ag land is hard. We were getting frustrated and decided to go drive around and see if we could find a doe to shoot. We seen a couple small does then came around a corner and seen a buck. We jumped out of the truck and he ran up behind some trees. The only shot that I had was through about a 10" hole in the branches and in the neck so I took it. After the smoke cleared I could see him piled up. We were hoping for a 130-140 class buck and he measured at 131 5/8 http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/bigry26/media/IMAG05301_zps4fe02b13.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. :hatsoff:

You might as well retire from hunting. That buck and that shot will be hard to beat.

It's all down hill from here on out :grin: Really that is a nice buck. Pretty gun as well. Dan.

For an 8 point to measure 130, he's definitely a great buck! Looking at the smile on your face, I doubt it will be the last :hatsoff:

IMAG05301_zps4fe02b13.jpg

Wow! That's a great start! Very nice.

Wow what a great buck! Shot with a good looking gun too. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

Back