• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flint size for a Traditions Kentucky

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strato50

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Title says it all! Im sourcing parts/gear for a Traditions Kentucky rifle and was wondering what the most common flint size is for these. Probaby going with TotW with an English flint, but do let me know whatever is recommended.

Thanks again guys.

I love ToW, but NOT for flints. I kept getting too many bad ones (big humps, etc). Last batch I got was from Stonewall Creek Outfitters. Bought a bag of 50 and what a nice batch of flints. Won't hesitate to get more from them. From what they told me, they've kind of "trained" their source on what good gun flints look like and he's hitting the mark for sure.
http://www.stonewallcreekoutfitters.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those 5/8" square flints?

Just from the few posts I've read and what ToTW recommends for Traditions / Pedersoli Kentuckys, I either want a 5/8x5/8" or a 1/2x5/8".

My rifle is on delivery, so I might just wait till it arrives and check out a local retailer here that provides historical what-nots for the reenactor crown, including musket parts (swords, uniforms, sextants, etc, if anyone's interested... )

Just FYI...as suggested above, I bought from Stonecreekoutfitters for my Pedersoli and they all appear to be beautiful and they were extremely fast in shipping.

Definitely would buy from them again.

I went with what their websight suggested which I believe were 5/8 X 1/2...seem to be close to right on.

Back