• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock first

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stone knife

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My first trip in the woods with my TVM Fowler produced my first ever flintlock game harvest. Saw some sign today on my walk and heard a few squirrels but saw none till i sat down in one of my favorite spots. I had been there about 15 min. when this one appeared about 25 yards in front of me, when her head went out of sight I cocked the gun and readied it for the shot. After awhile she reappeared so I took aim and fired, had to wait for the smoke to clear before I saw her laying there. Pretty neat stuff this flintlock hunting.

100_0975.jpg

100_0974.jpg

Ya may as well give up. We got Ya now. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ya got a lifetime of enjoyment and wonder ahead of Ya now.

Vern

Yup, there's no turning back. I have a setup similar to yours and took my first smoothbore game, a deer, last season. Through my own screw-ups I missed out on a couple of turkeys.

Way to go buddy. I REALLY want a 20 gauge flintlock fowler. I just can't afford it right now. One day though, I'll get my first kill with a flintlock. Congrats.

Good job :hatsoff:
I`m eager to get into the flintlock game my self. I`ve got the parts for a 20ga trade gun and will be doing the build this winter. Something tells me flintlocks are going to be alot more fun than my percussion guns.
Again..Good job and enjoy :thumbsup:

I'm going to delicate my entire gun season to hunting with my flintlocks. I would rather shoot a fawn with flint then a giant with a modern rifle, and who knows if a good one come in to my comfort zone he may be coming home with me :grin:

Back