• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock in the rain.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was out for several hours yesterday and failed to successfully hunt a bird, thin on the ground this season and many errors on my part!

Today I tried harder and found two birds.
After the first bird it started to rain and I had to clutch the lock under my arm pit. Glad I had for bird two.

Here are the photos, very pale birds too!

B.

They are pale in color but beautiful none the less. They will make some fine groceries. I have tried cooking them about every way and each has its merits. The legs are a bit boney when fried, and roasted I think is my favorite. Good to see Tia in the photo.......robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good show, congratulations. That second one sure is odd colored. I've taken many different color phases of pheasant but that is a new one on me. I've got a beautiful emerald phase done as a flying mount, only one I didn't cook. Otherwise they all end up as soup, pot pie, or casserole with cream of mushroom soup and veggies.

Deputy Dog said:
They are pale in color but beautiful none the less. They will make some fine groceries. I have tried cooking them about every way and each has its merits. The legs are a bit boney when fried, and roasted I think is my favorite. Good to see Tia in the photo.......robin :wink:
Sorry Robin, Tia was at home, this is my new hound. Jess.
Tia is semi retired now and only comes on short foray's.

B.

Britsmoothy said:
Deputy Dog said:
Sorry Robin, Tia was at home, this is my new hound. Jess.
Tia is semi retired now and only comes on short foray's.

B.

The more dogs the merrier I say!.

Congrats! Good job keeping your flinter operating in the rain! :hatsoff:

Here you are DD, the two dogs this morning hunting rabbit in a howling wind before breakfast.
Poor old Tia is still hunting but this short stint will finish her for a few days now!

B.

Back