• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlock Rifles from the Movie "The Patriot " starring Mel Gibson

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtn-Man2u

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering, what were the calibers of the rifles, that was use in the movie, "The Patriot" starring Mel Gibson. I'm sure they were smoothbores.
I had seen the movie the other day, and everytime, I see it, I really enjoy the movie.
So if any one knows, let me know.
Thanks, Mtn-Man2u

I know I've got a Muzzle Blast magazine with that info in it. Frank House built the rifle, powder horn and the pistols Gibson used and his wife, Lally made the quilled and beaded strap for the horn. Frank was the firearms instructor for and an extra in the movie. I'm in the process of moving and I'll find the info as soon as I get my books unpacked. Hopefully I can find it. Got a lotta books to look thru. You can access information on Frank at the Contemporary Longrifle Association web site. Easiest way is to logon to www.flintlocks.com and click on links and the CLA is there. Then look under artisians and he's there.
cool.gif

Flintshooter in Indiana
Thanks for the information, can't wait to check out the web site.
Thanks,
Mtn-Man2u

Latest posts

Back