• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintlocks and Partridge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Snuck down behind my house this morning. Dumped this tasty morsel down by my stream. The atlantic salmon were starting to spawn. Just a nice place to be with my Roy Stroh fowler. Wish Roy was here I might even share
2012-10-13104312.jpg

Nothing beats taking game with a Flintlock as far as I'm concerned...congratulations !
Great photo too...good composition, strong light, etc.
:hatsoff:

Very nice :thumbsup:
I wish I could sneak down by my house and do something like that :grin:

Is that "Jane" in the photo or a different one of Roy's creations?

Congrats again!

Silex

Outstanding! Haven't tried a flinter yet, but have spent 3 of the last 4 decades whacking the local patridge (ptarmigan) with SxS cappers.

Nothing like wing shooting to satisfy my hunting urge, especially with a ptarmigan bag limit of 20 per day and a season that runs 8 months.

Now ya got me itchin'. Doc says I can't go out for another 3-4 weeks, but I may break the rules. I want to grouse hunt so bad!!
Very nice!!

That is the sister to roys gun. Mine has a butt plate I think thats the only difference. Silex Ive been to germany if you could get to maine someday a friend of Roys is a friend of mine. :thumbsup:

Thanks life is good at the end of last Oct i never thought id see this Oct or visit this special spot. life is good

Shine, thank you!
Likewise, if you ever come back across the pond let me know - we don't have those Partridge but hey - we'll find something :wink:

Silex

Back