• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Flintluck buck

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I spent the day in a tree 10 1/2 hours with out seeing anything, except for 1 squirrel and a buzzard. Anyway I knew their was a buck in the area, I was watching an intersection of several main trails where three ridges came together. There were several fresh scrapes under beech trees, and I took a lot of deer out of that tree last year so I waited and waited. My neck must have been sore from turning around everytime a leaf rustled or acorn fell, the wind blew a lot that day, because I let this guy sneak up on me. At 3:30 I looked down to my left and this guy was standing under a hack berry tree 7 yards away. I had to stand up and turn my 44 inch barrel TVM Early Virgina around as he moved to 5 yards from my tree. I did this without him detecting me, i was about 20 feet up an oak tree in an climbing stand. I put a .562 ball in front of 85 FFF in his spine behind his shoulders. He feel and then it all sank in. After seeing nothing all day i was so tempted to change locations or worse go home.
My 73 year old Dad also took 2 does on Sat and a nice 4 pt on Sunday with his 54 cal. TVM Leman Rifle. I get to process 3 of them. We gave one to the land owner

Congrats Tony :thumbsup: I saw three bucks yesterday myself none were the one I was looking for. :idunno: Congrats again on a nice Buck.

Nice buck. Congratulations.

It is the time of year to fight the urge to leave when it gets quiet.

Congratulations to both you and your dad. That is a nice looking buck and a nice looking rifle. All good things from the greenest state in the land of the free. Keep yer powder dry......Robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
got 2 hind quarters grilling, and just ground up one of the deer, I need to quit so i can drive up to my Dads house (2 1/2 hours) and go tommorrow, Thanks Vets.

Nice buck! i do have a question though, how in the thunder did you get that LONG rifle up with your climbing stand? That HAD to have been a pain!...I have a nice climber and often have wondered how i would get my M'ler up without a sling on it?

nice buck, sometime it pays off big time to just sit and wait. the mailman told me about seeing a huge buck a 1/4 mile from my house one year,then after a couple more folks telling me they saw the same buck i set up shop on him. i sat that crossing 4 days from sunrise to sunset that 4th day at 3:00 here he comes like a old cow just barely walking dragging his feet. i hit him with a 50. t/c maxi ball out of a renegade. he went about 50 yards and ran out of gas. hes a 7 point with a 20 inch spread. 2 of his tines are over 10 inches.

Back