• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Florida Job Anyone?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While on a fishing trip with my parents in Leesburg Florida, we we about 15 miles from home camp in my fathers boat in a lake that the locals call gator alley. Sortley after we found our spot that we wanted to fish in several large alligators came out to have a look at our boat. Several minutes later we were going to move to a new location when the stearing cable to the engine broke. Now the boat motor was turned slightley so I climd on to the back of the boat to try and turn the motor back straight so that we could try to make it bake home by stearing with our padles. I was have trouble geting the motor to move, so my loving wife asked me if it would work better if I got into the water so that I could get a better leverage on it. At this time I look all around us and counted 7 allagotors swimming. Need les to say I did not get into the water and I did finally get the motor straitened out and we did get home. :haha:

Musketboy,.... I got'a say, "THET'S ON BIG LIZERD"!!!!!! ::

What's the "prefered way" of cook'n them snakes, in thet part'a tha country?????? ::

I have been here in Florida for two years and I have yet to see any rattlesnakes. Lot's of coral snakes , mocassins,and copperheads but not one rattler. Steve Irwin, the Croc Hunter dude, comes down here to Eglin AFB to do a show and he has rattlers coming out of his pockets! I roam the reservation all the time never run into them.

Looking at the croc picture, I think the guy right behind it is standing a ways back. Still 18 feet is big but I think the way the picture was taken makes it look really big. I have a 17.5 foot cargo canoe and now that I think about it, I might need a bigger canoe! As the Chef said in Apocalypse Now, "don't ever get out of the boat!"

Musketboy,.... I hear them coral-snakes, moccersun-snakes, and copperhead-snakes, ain't got no "rattles",.... so I reckun they ain't as "noise'y" to put on a "weiner-stick" as our western-rattlers!! :D

Do you fellers "REALLY" make moccersuns, out'a them moccersun-snakes??????? :: (wish we had some here! :boohoo:)

Ah cooks Rattlesnake jest like I would chicken...rolled in seasoned flour and deep fried.

"course round here we dont eat nuthin but the tenderloin...

I was have trouble geting the motor to move, so my loving wife asked me if it would work better if I got into the water so that I could get a better leverage on it.

Are you sure your loving wife wasn't trying to collect on your life insurance policy? Haw!

Musketboy:You may have been close to more rattlers than You know! Many times they will lie perfectly still and let You almost step on them and not rattle.I've got one in the frezzer as we speak, waiting for supper.I first started comming to Florida in the late 60s and have seen quite a few. By the way,do they let You hunt on the base? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifGordy

Gordy,

They do let you hunt and fish on the Eglin Reservation. It's about 475,000 acres and about half of it is open to the public. The rest of the reservation consists of active bombing and test ranges. I live and hunt near the Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal school. Some days while hunting you will hear some really big blasts. They don't seem to bother the wildlife. They get used to it. It does freak out my dog though. She usually looks for a bed to crawl under.

Here is the info from their website:

For information on hunting, fishing, or other outdoor recreational activities on the Eglin Reservation, contact the Natural Resources Division (locally known as Jackson Guard) of the Environmental Management Directorate Division.

The Natural Resources Division can assist you with necessary permits, information and copies of the most updated Outdoors Activities Map and Regulations. These brochures show the open and closed areas of the reservation as well as current rules and regulations.

Fees are charged for hunting, fishing, camping, chopping firewood, and other outdoor activities such as cycling. Hunting and fishing permits are available at a reduced rate to persons age 65 and older with proof of age and 100 percent certified disabled persons.

When ordering permits by mail, please allow three weeks for delivery. Send your requests to: Natural Resources Division, ACC/EMSN, 107 Highway 85N, Niceville, FL 32578, specifying the number and type of permits desired together with the proper payment and proper identification, or a copy of anything with a date of birth on it. Payment should be made by money order, certified or cashier's check payable to AFO Eglin AFB, Florida. Personal checks are also accepted, with proper identification.

The Natural Resources Branch of Eglin is open Monday through Thursday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. only. They are closed on Sundays and all Federal Holidays. Information may be obtained by calling Jackson Guard at (850) 882-4164 or DSN 872-4164.

http://www.eglin.af.mil/newcomers/leisure.htm

Back