• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FNG from Ohiowa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenfax

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Greetin's all. The name is Bret and I am fairly new to Ohiowa. Used to live in Southeastern Arizona. If I get the chance, I will go back in a heartbeat. Too durn hot here!
Anyway, I recently acquired my grandmother's T/C Seneca rifle along with all of my grandfather's accoutrements. After searching the web looking for info, I stumbled onto this place. And I must say... nice!
Anyway, to make a short story long... I fired my first ML on my grandpa's farm when I was 10. Then I got into centerfire pistol in high school but lack of funds kept me from the range. Since I just found a shooting range close by, I decided to get into it again. So in terms of experience, I would call myself a newbie with some experience.
I've been looking to join a muzzloading club around here and have found several to contact. Anyone from around these parts that can give me some direction in this area?
Oh yeah, and as luck would have it, I am only 1 hour or so from Friendship!!! So I guess it ain't all that bad here.

Thanks and hope to be around for a while!
Bwaaaak.

Greetin's all. The name is Bret and I am fairly new to Ohiowa. Used to live in Southeastern Arizona. If I get the chance, I will go back in a heartbeat. Too durn hot here!

Hows y'all are?

You lived in Arizona and Ohio's hot? :eek: :rolleyes:

That's right, ARIDzona has "DRY" heat, we have wet heat up here... :winking:

T/C Senecas are nice, wish I'd bought one of them in .36 caliber, but funds being what they were back then...

Ah yes! As Foghorn Leghorn would say,
You are.. You are ..ah as I say, you are always welcome here an' when Ah says welcome, I mean WELCOME!!!

An when you say "Used to live in Southeastern Arizona. If I get the chance, I will go back in a heartbeat. Too durn hot here!" Ah gots to say shhhhhhhhhh! Ah have been working REAL hard here to convince all O' these fine folks how HOT it is here in Arizonie, an why they should not come heer and have to suffer like Ah do. :(

Anyway, you've come to the right place. The absolute best muzzleloading site on the entire web (an I don't even get paid to say that!).
Any questions, comments, thoughts...whatever are welcome too.

Thanks for joining. :)

Chickenfax, welcome to the forum! I'm a newbie myself, and we newbies need to stick together! Get yourself a really large musket and move back here to AZ! As wulf(another AZ poster on this site)says, there aren't enough of us out here! :cry: :imo: :thumbsup:

Ya got yer Grandpappy's accoutrements. eh? Well, that's better'n I got - they tell me I got my Grandpappy's grin. Teeth so crooked I could bit my own ear.

Get out there and shoot that Seneca. I had a .36 that I put many miles on woodchuck hunting. Enjoy it some.

Hey thanks for all the kind words and the encouragement. Great forum here. I will be asking lots a questions soon.

Anyway, Arizona is a much more tolerable climate for me. I can't stand humidity!!!! I say!

Chickenfax,
glad you found us and welcome. being from ohio myself and tell you if you don't like the weather just hang in there and it will change to something else (maybe better maybe worse but it will change). about your ? on clubs in your area get a copy of Muzzleblast magizine the have a lot
of them listed in there or contact Richard Boitnott, @ 937-
846-0620. he is with the dayton muzzleloading gun club and i
sure he will head you in the right direction.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :peace: :) :thumbsup: :RO:

Back