• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort de Chartres Colonial Trade Faire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. And guess they like "Period Shooting Matches - Musket and Rifle."

count me in jethro but you knew that already?) I cant believe none of the rest of these fine folks on here are passing. this is one of those "time traveling/shivers down your back kind of spots." :thumbsup:

gunsmithscott said:
They just don't know that you hang out with people like me!

Shhh! I had to swear I didn't even know you before they'd let me in. :haha:

I'll see you a little later and a little farther South. :hatsoff:

Yep, I already knew I'd see you down there. And I know there are plenty of other forum members from the Illinois country. Figgered maybe a few of them would be going. :idunno:
It looked like a really good event when I walked thru last year as public. It's got to be even better as a participant. All the best stuff always happens after the public leaves.
Those I have talked with who have attended in the past had good things to say about the event.

Thanks smo. I see you heard about my rusty ol' Bess and me taking first place in the smoothbore frolic. :grin:

The event was a good time. Weather wasn't bad. Some good vendors. Fun contests. A delicious feast. And the tavern is an experience straight out of the 18th century, a candle lit room full of pipe smoke and folks talking, laughing, and singing. A band in the corner playing period music next to the fireplace. Ladies running back and forth keeping mugs filled with ale and shrub. :thumbsup:

Sorry but you already missed it this year. It was last weekend.
They do events in June and November at de Chartres too tho. I walked thru the June event years ago and was impressed. Have not participated in either of those but would like to some time.
I understand the November event has a particularly good woodswalk shoot.

Latest posts

Back