• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fort St Jean Baptiste

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am off to the fort St Jean at Natchitoches tomorrow for the annual meeting of the Compagnie Franche there. Trying to get juried into the volunteer reenactor program there. The original fort was built ca. 1716 and is the oldest European (French) settlement in Louisiana. The rebuilt fort is based on archived plans of the fort drawn up in 1733 by a visiting French engineer. The French occupied it with Marines and millice until the end of the F&I War (1763) when the region was ceded to Spain. It was a major trading center for the French, Caddoan peoples and Spanish. Built on the banks of the Cane River it is a picturesque fort and I always enjoy visiting it and the town. Y'all may remember Natchitoches from the movie Steel Magnolias, filmed there.
My wife and I are also celebrating out 41st wedding anniversay today. If you knew me you'd wonder why she put up with me that long!
anita2.jpg

Mike,

I have attended that event in the past. Quite a nice set up.

I wish that I could make it down there.

CS

Latest posts

Back