• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Found an interesting powder horn.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ran across this in the used bin at my local gun shop today. It's about 9 inches overall.

40796663594_88ce72755b_o.jpg

40796660214_5278a6797f_o.jpg

27638660018_3a7c01210b_o.jpg

I have no idea what it is or where it started. It could be a commercially available horn/kit. Or one that someone customized.

I certainly hope that you are planning to give it a good home.

Lots of custom detail such as the carving in the base plug and the turning of the horn stopper. I think is a more modern 20th century horn, but it is still a very nice horn with good fit of the base plug and the base carving.

It could be from some ol’ Buckskinner that’s gone under. RIP

Great find I’m glad it didn’t just get thrown away.

Congrats :hatsoff:

Agree. It could be a newer made horn. This avocation has produced many highly skilled craftsmen. Many of those are able to make items, like horns, indistinguishable from old originals. Personally, I would never try to date horns, arrow points or many other items. I once posted a picture of a horn and asked those here to guess it's vintage. Those guesses were all over the board. Some going back centuries. Fact is, it was made in 1922 by my father. It that 'old original' :hmm: ?

Back