• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fox Squirrel vs. 45 cal hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vulpes175

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Shot my first fox squirrel today! Thanks for all the motivation guys! reading your storys made me get out in the woods and try it! Blackpowder vs. Small game. Im hooked! hunting with centerfire/rimfire rifles especially with scopes, is to easy! I am never satisfyed with a kill... in most cases I would regret killing the animal altogether. Blackpowder adds a challange that I love! it rivals the feeling I get while bow hunting with my longbow! No regrets after i took this guy! plus I always eat what I shoot. let me see if i can figure out how to post the picture!!?

p.s T/C Hawken 45 cal round ball 45 grains of powder(also dead on with 30 grains but I like the extra range I get from 45 grains.)

Welcome..Good shooting!..
small game and black powder just go together!
Looking forward to your hunting posts..
keep those pic's coming.
my 36 loves 25 grs.ff-goex.

Back