• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

frig'n dang nabbit wouldn't chya know it

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spot Shooter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well folks,

Bown'ns coming along jest fine got me the lock, trigger guard, and butt plate steel all nice and dark brown. Couldn't ask fer more.

Got the stock out and decided to put on the first coat. True-oil hand rub'd apply'd wit me fingers. Beautiful wood grain comin' up, couldn't ask fer more. Did the insides first, then the outside, and finished up by doin' where the butt plate metal were. Last stroke I cross'd the screw hole and got a sliver in me finger the size of a pencil end.

Now what do ya do with a big old sliver like that, well sure enough ya pull her out with yer teeth. Done! hung the stock up and watched the blood run'n out me finger.

Wait a minute, my hadns are start'n to get sticky UH oH. Yep I need to get thet stuff off fast, hit some turpentine. That's jest about when I noticed my lips were tacky - Aw hell, I got it on my face....

Well, nothin's hurt but I'm smell'n my turpin-tine colgne.

hehehe

Spot

Spot,.... "Thet" ain't tha proper way to first "blood" yore rifle gun!! (but I guess it'll work!) :: :: :D

Spot: It all sounds normal to me..... If you leave that oil on wet it will dry gloss. If you rub til dry & starting to stick to your finger it will dry semi-gloss.

Well, it worked out fer the best, the true-oil sealt up my wound after bleed'n a bit.

lets see if I can find another sliver tonight.

Spot

Latest posts

Back