• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fun at the Range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back in the days when I was still a working law enforcement officer, I was also one of our firearms instructors. We did pistol qualifications four times a year.
Everyone was armed with their issued Baretta .40 semi-auto's. I stepped up to the firing line with my .44 1860 Colt replica.
"Ready on the right. Ready on the left. Ready on the firing line. Fire!"
I got off 6 shots in the time most everyone else fired 8, but all my shots were solid "center of mass" hits.
However, when the others dropped their empty magazines and reloaded in about 2 seconds, I had to call a time out.
One or two people next to me complained that they couldn't see the targets due to the cloud of powder smoke. I told them that laying down a smokescreen was a new defensive tactic that I was working on.
It was a hoot!

quote:Originally posted by Rancocas:
However, when the others dropped their empty magazines and reloaded in about 2 seconds, I had to call a time out. That's why the old timers carried a few loaded pistols.
smile.gif

As for your smoke cloud, isn't that the charm and lore of black powder?

Back