• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Germany, 1 week left for rd stag!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

At 31st of jan the hunting season for red stag ends. The last weeks it was impossible to get them here in the mountains because of the weather which was warmer uphill they stay there. But since to days it got cold again and is snowing, so they have to mve downhill, hopefully there where my blinds are :grin: .

Regards

Kirrmeister

Good Luck getting that red stag!

How large is a red stag, anyway? How many kilos on average?

Jaeger said:
Good Luck getting that red stag!

How large is a red stag, anyway? How many kilos on average?

A spike (yearling) about 60-70 kg, calves for the moment about 40 kg, all field dressed. A big buck will have 100 kg or even more (10-14 pointer.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Good luck and kill a big one although the cows are better to eat. :grin:
What will you do with the hides? I am looking for a hide source, preferably cows who just reached maturity. They make the best leather :grin:

tecum-tha said:
Good luck and kill a big one although the cows are better to eat. :grin:
What will you do with the hides? I am looking for a hide source, preferably cows who just reached maturity. They make the best leather :grin:

No problem! If I get one I'll tell you and you can have the skin/fur! :thumbsup:

Regards

Kirrmeister

Those red stags are a beautiful animal. I'd sure like to see you get one. There's still a couple of days left...

Back