• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gobble-Gobble..it wont be long

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickD

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I`m getting hyped early this year..Ordered a new turkey call and my turkey rifle is almost done..
Had this little group cross in front of me today..

2366131840063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

Great picture! Our season opens up April 15th. I will be going the last week of April, through the first few days of May.

As usual, this state runs late. Not till May 6 here. :shake:
More than ready. Even picked up a raspy box and a new slate today. :haha:

RickD said:
I`m getting hyped early this year..Ordered a new turkey call and my turkey rifle is almost done..
Had this little group cross in front of me today..

2366131840063404498S600x600Q85.jpg

Nice photo! What are you having built for a turkey rifle?

I spent some time with "Shadowmaker" (my Sells .36 flinter) at the range today. Practiced offhand taking head shots at the "Shotgun Pattern" turkey target. Now that was fun! She's ready to go with 40 grains 3f.

Dixie Flinter said:
I spent some time with "Shadowmaker" (my Sells .36 flinter) at the range today. Practiced offhand taking head shots at the "Shotgun Pattern" turkey target.

I guess you know those 'live' turkey heads don't sit still like a paper target
:grin:
They're constantly moving, turning, jerking left, right, up, down, etc...they're worse than a deer...for what its worth, it seems like it would be a pretty risky target for a rifle but that's just me...a ball angling into the side from the front under the wing root would get into the vitals for sure
:v

you guys are all so lucky to start early...I have to wait till may 3rd up here in the great white north, and even then we will have patches of snow in the more shaded parts of the forest. and then the blackflies come out! allthough our birds are starting to gobble allready, that sound makes my heart race...

roundball said:
Dixie Flinter said:
I spent some time with "Shadowmaker" (my Sells .36 flinter) at the range today. Practiced offhand taking head shots at the "Shotgun Pattern" turkey target.

I guess you know those 'live' turkey heads don't sit still like a paper target
:grin:
They're constantly moving, turning, jerking left, right, up, down, etc...they're worse than a deer...for what its worth, it seems like it would be a pretty risky target for a rifle but that's just me...a ball angling into the side from the front under the wing root would get into the vitals for sure
:v

My brother had the same thought, Roundball! But the turkey target only shows head and neck, so I was just practicing. When Mr. Gobbler shows up, I intend to take the shot you described :wink:

I'll be finished with my new turkey rifle (a .36cal tennessee rifle with a l/h manton flintlock)within 2 weeks, saw a group of 50 -70 birds here by my house the other day,I'm really lookin forward to it. Our season starts in april this year I beleive. Last year it took me 30 minutes to fill my tag.

Nice Pic, looks like summer already. The turkey woods here still have 1-3 feet of snow.

Back