• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

good deal on 54 cal renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfwing82

36 Cal.
Reaction score
While shopping for a flintlock pistol to build,I ran across an older 54 cal tc renegade(flint) for a $100.I could not resist .I have not seen gun just went on older gentleman's word . I will pick gun up Thurs. I am hoping if anything is wrong that tc will replace it . What do you think ? do you think they still have parts for renegade?

T/C will replace anything that needs to be done with any of their products!!!! You will only pay for the shipping to the service center. T/C's service is the best I've ever seen with any company!!!

You got a deal and a half! :grin:
I would buy all the Renegades I could find for a hundred bucks.

Sounds like a great deal. Hope the barrel and bore are in good shape. I really like the .54 caliber. If you need to, you can always check some of the auction sites for one. I just saw a .56 cal. smoothbore that would fit. Best of luck :thumbsup:

My first T/C was a .54 Renegade flinter and it was a very strong rifle and fun to shoot.

For extra fun, I use to remove the lock and put a few grains of FFFFg in the pan and manually fire the lock in the hall way just to set off the smoke alarm and freak out my mother. :rotf:

For extra fun, I use to remove the lock and put a few grains of FFFFg in the pan and manually fire the lock in the hall way just to set off the smoke alarm and freak out my mother. :rotf: [/quote]
thats just not right! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

what a deal!! if you don't want it, sent me a PM and make a profit.

absent that, make good smoke- enjoy, and congrats on your new rifle!

I picked the gun up Thurs night it was loaded.
shot it friday after noon had a slight delay I am not sure when it was loaded the gentleman has been ill for some time now. Once some of the ice melts I will play with it a little more . I was also give some round balls .535 ???? I was thinking .530 with a 010 or 015 patch. ???? I use90 gr fff with my 50 tc hawkins and like the results. I guess I will try the same for 54 and go from there

I just sent gun to thompson . They said ship whole gun so they could check every thing they will fix or replace at no charge any thing wrong.

I bought my T/C Renegade over 25 yrs ago as a kit for $125. I had to send it in one time for when the barrel wouldn't grouping and Thompson replace the barrel and tighten up the lock; all it costed me was shipping. Mine is a 1"n 48" twist and shoot round ball and maxi balls both very accurately. I am now using the PowerBuilt bullets and getting good accutecy and knock down power. For hunting with round ball I use 70gr 2f and for PB bullets or maxi I use 90grs of 2f. I found out the the point of aim is the same for either projestile this way so I don't have adjust my sights.

I am still waiting for the gun to be shipped back. The ice has melted here and I am getting itchy to get her back and get her going. I am also looking for a smooth bore barrel to shoot shot for small game

Latest posts

Back