• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good Friday Bird

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Finally got a gobbler to cooperate this year. I shot this jake with my 16 gauge smooth bore at 25 steps with 70 FF/ 90g measure full of #6 shot. Had kind of a hang fire since I have been carrying the same load for the last 3 weeks. Anyway I stayed on his head and when the smoke cleared I had turkey to cut up and fry. Not much for beard and spurs, but I havent ever tried to eat them any way. When I got home my wife had a 1/2 of a 5 gallon bucket of fish (crappie, catfish and bluegill) for me to clean as well. We ate well this Easter weekend, its a good thing. I went on a pretty long hike Saturday chasing a couple of gobblers and I went on a really long hike this morning taking me 1 1/2 miles from the truck up and down some crazy hills. If I hear them I will head after them, most of the time it ends up in sore legs. But I did get to hear a lot of gobbling and got to tote a real pretty gun.

Sounds like an outstanding day afield, and weekend to boot...congratulations all the way around
:hatsoff:

Congratulations, good job. Follow through is good stuff, isn't it? :grin:

Spence

Rougedog, thats my Brian Turner of Corinth MS fowler with a 44 inch Colerain jug choked full. It has a real good pattern out to 30. It is possible to go further with your fingers crossed.

Yeah Wattlebuster when I was frying it up right after cleaning it, I realized I have a lot of spurs and beards hanging up(mostly from my 870 days) but I never have enough fresh wild turkey meat.

Britsmoothy thats the best load I have come up with for pattern density. I played with it but this load has taken 5 now. no problems

Lookin' really sharp there T.O.!

Congrats & hope yer Easter was as nice as mine (son home). Go get ya some more, lol!

Dave

Back