• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good little vise.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to share this new vise from harbor freight. Very universal and good quality for the price. Building another Chambers LH Haines rifle.
IMG_0057.jpeg

I got two of them but mine are blue in color but they look the same as yours. They are handy to have around. I'm not fond of the table clamp. I cut it off on one of my vices and screwed a rectangular block of aluminum on the bottom so that I can clamp it into my big bench vice.

I have a blue one that I use too, Very handy . . . wish it was a tad bigger sometimes, but it was a good deal.

I am left handed too.. . . I'd love to see pics of your Isaac Haines build. I've toyed with the idea of a Chambers Haines for my next build. . . I wish he made his early lancaster in LH.

Just wanted to share this new vise from harbor freight. Very universal and good quality for the price. Building another Chambers LH Haines rifle.View attachment 325227
BIL had the same vise from HF. Worked great until the cast iron gave up the ghost. HF told him sorry but too bad because he didn’t buy the extended warranty. Not even sure any warranty was offered. At least they don’t cost much. Hope yours holds up.

Back