• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

got a 8 point this afternoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel collums

45 Cal.
Reaction score
i got a fair 8 point this afternoon, i will post a picture in the morning. a perfect 75 yard heart shot that made a pass through. when the smoke cleared he was gone but i heard him crash in the pine timber. he made a good 100 yard + dash before going down.

Congratulations,,,, again,,, didn't you already get two this season....

Happy for ya even if I am jealous. Deer here have disappeared and only a few more days of muzzleloader season left.

DSCN2124_zpsyw9we2yo.jpg
[/URL][/img] finally got a picture uploaded, something was slowing the server this morning. that and my wife is mad, this was suppose to have been her deer but she couldn't get away from the house. i still have one buck left i can take and some does. then we can start filling her tags. we eat lots of deer meat and fish, we try and not buy any meat from the store. this one came out and started walking away and only turned when i blew the grunt call. the ball pushed by 70grs ffg hit him perfect but he took off, he hit the pine timber and made it a good 100yds or more before he crashed. the ball took out ribs on both sides and the blood trail was good and easy to follow in the open pines. the ball i was using was one i made from a bunch of old egg shaped fishing weights of unknown origin. i tried smashing one of the balls with some big pliers and they marked it but that was about it. the balls fly true but from the small size of the hole its not expanding any, i think if the ball would have missed the heart he would have disappeared. i'm thinking about scrapping them out back to fishing weights.

the photo doesnt do him any justice far as body weight. he weighed #172 on my scale thats a good size for a 3 1/2 year old.

He looks like a nice young buck, and he will eat well. How did you get him to pose like that, is he frozen stiff? Congratulations on a task well taken. Your wife will lighten up after she gets one of her own.......robin :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a big deer. I'm like you I try not to buy any meat from the store. Deer, elk, antelope and birds. For fish we have mainly trout, but not my favorite. Been getting some white fish lately, but the creeks have frozen now. Since the price of beef went up so high. I haven't raised any in a couple of years. Can't sell a half. People can't afford to buy a half and I won't sell it in smaller quantities. To much of a hassel.
Jerry

Back