• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got a Double for Turkey Season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luieb45

54 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally received my Navy Arms(Pedersoli) 12 gauge double. My turkey season is on Easter Weekend so I have some time to pattern. I hope to shoot it this weekend and will start with 70 grains of powder and 90 grains of shot. I hope to try the pillow ticking shot cup but will need to find something to use. I'm also going to make and update 2 cedar blinds this weekend. I got a new slate call and I gotta say it's the best calling I've done(that definitely doesn't say much :haha:). The one blind location will be in overgrown pasture but it's not that overgrown. It's just got lots of cedars and trees but there are still open areas. I plan to use decoys at least in the pasture because birds will see it from a good distance. I've got a jake and hen decoy that aren't the greatest but they'll do the trick. I know this because the last time a few years ago we used them and a coyote made a stalk on them and jumped out of the timber in front of me at about 6 feet! I can't wait to hunt :thumbsup: .
HPIM0356.jpg

HPIM0355.jpg

New anything is always exciting.

DO read up on SxS muzzleloaders with respect to re-loading pre-cautions / techniques for safety, etc.

Good luck...
:thumbsup:

It fits pretty good. I just wish it were a little heavier but it will be ok I think.

:thumbsup: Nice looking Luie,good luck with it.I can't wait either.Nice deer heads,you get'em?Griz

No, those are my dad's. My deer head is in my room but it's about the same size as that one, but more mass.

Lucas,

You might need 13 gauge components for the Pedersoli Double if 12 ga. is too tight :wink: .

Don't worry about the weight. The stock is designed a little differently than on your rifle. The handiness of that double will far outweigh what little difference in recoil you don't feel cause you're excited anyways! :thumbsup:

Good luck with her and remember that lubed wonder-wads are your friend at an extended range session! They keep the fouling soft and you don't have to play with slimey, slippery over-powder wads that way!

I also answered your post in the Smoothbore thread you started, so you'll find other tips there too!

Wish I could be there this weekend to see the smile on your face when you fire that thing :thumbsup: .

All the best,

Dave

Latest posts

Back